Southern Lakes Association of the Deaf is a non-profit organization that provides recreational, educational, cultural as well as social events which serves members and non-members. SLAD recognize the diverse needs of the deaf adults, the members are dedicated in educating and helping those in need. SLAD is also known as a friendly place where hearing friends come for socialization among the deaf to enhance their signing skills, to learn and respect our culture.
To advocate the needs of the deaf people and to promote educational & cultural knowledge among the community at large.
- To advocate the needs of the deaf.
- To provide cultural opportunities for adults to interact with the greater hearing and deaf communi-ties.
- To provide social gatherings.
- To raise funds to help a deaf individual or other organizations.
- To educate the students of the Wisconsin School for the Deaf the purpose of participating in deaf clubs.
- To recognize the diverse needs of the deaf adults, the members are dedicated in educating and helping those in need.